Monday, March 7, 2011

Man Made Chaos

Your Momma never told you that a man can cause your life to be full of chaos.



Ladies…Have you ever been the victim of man made chaos? You know what I am talking about. Everything is going fine in your life and then a man comes along …and suddenly without warning…your life becomes a state of confusion and chaos. What was once a budding relationship full of fun and romantic dinners has turned into a dysfunctional toxic experience….and you are left wondering…Is it me? Am I crazy? Why do I have to be the grown up? Why do I have to clean up this mess?

I went to Jamaica with my man for a relaxing romantic trip. We decided to go on a Catamaran (boat/raft) for fun. I asked my man, if he knew how to operate a Catamaran and he scoffed…”It is not that hard.” I suggested we get an instructor to go with us but of course I was ignored. My man thought that someone would steal our cameras while we were out in the ocean so he insisted we take them with us on the Catamaran…against my suggestion that we leave them ashore.

Needless…to say…15 minutes later…I found myself being propelled out of the Catamaran into the ocean. You guessed it! My man had no idea how to turn the boat. SPASH! We both became panicked and began flailing our arms back in forth. I swear for about two minutes I saw my life flash before my eyes. My children…my home…old friends…my funeral…everything ran through my mind at record pace. I was screaming and yelling and gasping for air…my feet could not touch the bottom....I was in DEEP trouble. My man was grabbing for me as I began to drift away from the boat. I knew this was the end. Just when my arms began to feel too weak to move anymore, a Jamaican man pulled up in a little motorized boat and said (with a Jamaican twang) “Miss calm down…CALM DOWN…you are wearing a life jacket!”

It took me a moment to realize what he said. I was able to simply float if I just stopped believing I was drowning. And where were our cameras you ask? That’s right…at the bottom of the ocean.

When we got back to shore…I went straight to the bar and got a fruity drink with extra rum. I could not even speak to my man who was still in shock from the whole experience. I would attach some pictures of the trip but there aren’t any.


Ladies…we have to avoid this man made chaos…we have to trust our instinct and say no when we see our men stirring up trouble or leading us to trouble. Ladies…we are able to make logical calm decisions….lets learn to trust them and avoid the man made chaos.

Till Next Time Ladies

No comments:

Post a Comment