Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Recite Affirmations Daily...Until

Your Momma never told you to develop your own set of affirmations and recite them daily...until you believe them.

About five years ago, I started to develop a set of affirmations to live by.  Affirmations are simply positive statements that you can help you make changes in your life or in my case represent my beliefs and who I am. Affirmations can help develop a powerful and positive attitude to life and can be used to manifest change in your life. 

As women, we often become influenced by what others think and by what others want us to do. We do not want to disappoint or seem selfish. We want to be agreeable and "nice". Actually ladies...it is not our fault. We are culturally raised to be kind and sweet. Now ladies...I am not saying not to be kind. What I am saying is if we are not careful, our kindness can turn into passiveness...which can turn into becoming someone we are not. One of the ways we can always be true to ourselves and make the best decisions in our lives is to write down affirmations that are representative of who we are and who we wish to be. I found this technique especially helpful when I was going through my divorce. It was a time I was questioning everything about my beliefs, who I was, what I was being told, what others thought of me, who my friends were, who my enemies were, where I was going to live, what I was going to do...and on and on.  I came up with twenty affirmations that I began reciting to myself everyday in order to remind myself of the great things about myself that I loved. Ladies...I encourage you to do the same. Post them in your home or in your bathroom mirror. Read them every day until one day...when you are faced with a difficult situationsor someone questions your choices ....you can recite the affirmation that applies and know what to do.

Here is a sample of ten of my affirmations just to give you some ideas.

Ten Affirmative Statements


1. My feelings are real and valuable and, therefore; should be honored by others.
2. I live by my set of morals and values that are not influenced by others.
3. I make decisions about my life that are comfortable to me and my children first and foremost.
4. I know the difference between right and wrong and will not be convinced otherwise.
5. I can handle anything on my own.
6. I do not need anyone to validate my worth or existence.
7. I am a good person worthy of love and respect.
8. I am in control of my life and who comes in it and who goes out of it.
9. I am committed to making my children feel safe and loved at all times.
10. I do not fear other people’s reactions to my decisions.


Till Next Time Ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment