Friday, September 17, 2010

Don't Leave Home without the Tweezers

Your Momma never told you not to leave the house without a set of tweezers.

Ladies...I hate to break the news to you but generally, after 30....gray hairs start to appear in the front of your hairline. You won't know the date or the time, but one day, you will look in the mirror and they will suddenly be there. Don't panic. Don't cry. Just sit back and gain control with a pair of tweezers. Now I know the old wives tale...if you tweeze one...two will grow back...but ladies...I hate to break it to you...the fact is you are going gray. In the beginning, if you like, you can manage the straggle gray hairs with tweezers but eventually, you will have to face the truth...and come up with the cash to get a good dye job regularly.

The second bit of news is...ladies....as you pass the 40 mark...other hairs will begin to grow in unusual places.   For example, I was driving home from Marshalls the other day when I went to adjust my rear view mirror. I took a peek at my face to make sure I had lip gloss on...when to my surprise I noticed something on my chin. As I looked closer and closer, you can imagine my surprise when I saw a long black chin hair. I tried to pluck it with my fingers immediately but all it did was curl up. I was mortified....and ladies...I had no tweezers. Well you can understand why I skipped all my other stops for the afternoon and raced home to grab my tweezers. I pulled it out and just tried to pretend the whole thing was a nightmare..but it wasn't. For me, chin hairs...yes...straggle chin hairs have started to appear. The only good news is that they are not gray.

But ladies...I can't say the same about my salt and pepper eyebrows...I started tweezing the grays years ago but now I just use make up or dye them also.

Now, I could go on ladies...but you get the picture...carry tweezers with you at all times...you don't want to get stuck out an about with a runaway hair....and ladies...there is no need to look older than you are.

Till Next Time Ladies

No comments:

Post a Comment