Thursday, August 5, 2010

Don't Make Decisions Out of Fear

Your Momma never told the worse decisions you will ever make are the ones you make out of fear.

I went to a prayer meeting at my church last Tuesday. I normally only go to Sunday service but I had a number of problems that I needed to deal with. During the service, a woman stood up and talked about a "saying" she had seen on the side of a truck...Courage is fear that has said it's prayers. She spoke about what she was going through and how this message had helped her on that particular day...and she wondered...was it a message from God.

I wrote down the saying and began to meditate on it. For some reason, I could not get it out of my head....then I realized. The majority of the bad decisions I have made over the years is out of my own fears. Fears of being rejected, fears of being alone, fears of not being able to make it on my own, fears of losing someone, fears of what others will think, fears someone will get mad at me, fears of disappointing, fears of not being good enough, fear of not getting married or having children...I could go on and on.

Over the last five years, I was forced to face most of these fears because of my divorce...I was forced to be on my own, I was forced to do what others did not approve of, I was forced to start over, I was forced to take care of business, I was forced...truly...to grow up. As a result, over the last five years...I have grown tremendously in wisdom, in confidence and in strength. I have learned to make decisions based on faith as opposed to making decisions out of fear. I make courageous decisions as opposed to desperate ones.

So....my point ladies...when you make decisions out of fear....you are reacting on emotions...and that is never good. Learn to make courageous decisions based on your knowledge of you...what you want...what you prefer...what you know to be good for you. You will find they will be the best decisions you will ever make.

Till next time ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment