Saturday, August 21, 2010

Master Your Fears

Your Momma never told you that your fears are very powerful.

Someone once told me that I have an inviting face....and because of my inviting face...strangers sometimes tell me the story of their lives...without me even asking.

I was at a doctor's office last week when a woman complimented me on my shirt. I told her it was a gift from the man I was seeing...and the sparked a fifteen minute discussion on her man. She told me her man had not gotten her anything in years....he drank...was downright s.  After hearing her speak about this man, I asked her if she even liked her man...and she said no...but she did not want to be alone. Where would she live? What would she do? How would she pay for things? Could she be by herself and survive? Would anyone love her?

Ladies..fear can really lead you to make the worse choices....and she had suffered a lot of consequences. She was seeing the doctor for heart palpitations and stress. She looked much older than she really was. She appeared desperate and confused. She was existing but not living. I felt very sad for this woman and encouraged her politely to take better care of herself. But the image of her desperation...has stuck with me. The thing that bothered me the most was that the fear had convinced her that she was stuck...that his was it...that her life was what it was...this man was all she had...and could get.

Ladies...I personally have the same fear of being alone. I have experienced my mother, father, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and best friend die. I have less than 10 family member left and that includes me and my children. I can't say I have overcome it...but I do manage it. My fear of being alone will never lead me to be in an abusive relationship.

I know people who fear getting too close to another person because they don't want to get hurt. I know people who fear standing up for themselves because they fear the other person's reaction. I know people who fear being independent or dependent.

Ladies...I wanted to challenged you to find out what your fears are and do all you can to overcome or manage them because fears can lead you to make all types of bad choices.

Till Next Time Ladies

No comments:

Post a Comment