Monday, August 30, 2010

Aunt Flo can Go

Your Momma never told you that Aunt Flo keep visiting for most of your life and she will get on your nerves.

This weekend I had yet another visit from Aunt Flo and she got on my last nerves. I actually got sick. I had cramps, migraines and overall felt gloomy....and then I started thinking. Do you know Aunt Flo has been coming to visit for 30 years? Ladies, this is ridiculous. I am so tired of calculating, preparing, and dealing with Aunt Flo...and let's be real...Aunt Flo ain't cheap.  I have purchased boxes and boxes of equipment and bottles and bottles of pills to deal with Aunt Flo. I don't understand why the equipment and pills are not covered by health insurance...I mean it is an overall health condition. My goodness I am bleeding for seven days out of every month and I can't get one tampon covered.

Also, I really think women should be given seven days of sick time each month to deal with Aunt Flo. If men had to deal with Aunt Flo....ladies...companies would shut down, vacations days would be trippled, work at home would be the only option, bonuses would be given....etc. We don't get anything and everyone expects us to just keep going and act like everything is ok...well it isn't ok. I am tired and sick from Aunt Flo constantly dropping by every month....sometime early without warning. I have to structure my entire day differently when Aunt Flo shows up but does anyone care. NO!

 Ladies, we have gotten so used to dealing with Aunt Flo...we just act like nothing is going on. We still get up to cook and clean. We still take care of the kids. We still go to work...all while we are dealing with Aunt Flo. It just is not fair. Don't we deserve a break when we are dealing with Aunt Flo. Work is one thing but keeping house and running around after children...hey my man can do that.

So ladies....I made a decision. I am no longer pretending that I am fine when Aunt Flo is in town. From now on...when Aunt Flo comes...I make an announcement to my family and my man that she has arrived....and while she is in town...everyone must do their share to make me feel comfortable. I take some days off from housework and lay down. My goodness...enough is enough. I also ask my man for some pampering...which I get. I mean...he certainly does not want to deal with Aunt Flo either. Whatever he can do to make things go smooth while she is here...he does. Ice cream, popsicles, gifts, grocery shopping, vacuuming, grilling, playing with the kids, breakfast in bed...whatever it takes...he just goes with it. And if you don't have a man ladies...cause sometimes they can be more trouble than they are worth....pamper yourself. Hire help...or ask your kids to take care of you...they love to do that....and lay down and watch a good movie.

Ladies...Aunt Flo can go...but until she does....don't stress yourself out and run around acting like nothing is going on. Get your rest, eat right, and relax.

Till Next Time Lades

No comments:

Post a Comment