Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Design Your Life

Your Momma did not tell you to take time to design your life.

Recently, I spent a few days redesigning my daughter's bedroom while she was with my ex. I hung corner shelves and cube boxes on the walls. I took cleaned out her closet and organized her clothes. I labeled and organized her drawers. I hung a hook for her book bag and coat. I did all of this in an effort to make her life easier and more organized. I looked at what she needed to do each day and I determined what would help her manage her life better....and then I got to thinking.

Ladies...I decided to spend time designing my life. I started to think how I wanted to live, where I wanted to live, where I wanted to vacation, who I wanted in my life, what I wanted to learn, what I wanted to teach my daughters, and how I wanted to be remembered. I realized during my 20's and 30's I kinda of stumbled through life...just falling into situations. I really did not take the time to determine how I wanted to live and then subsequently make a clear path to get to it. I would not call those years wasted...but I would say I did not make the most out of those years.

Well no more ladies...I have begun to consciously design my life. I have spent a significant amount of time determining how I want to live each day.

For example, I love water...the pool, the ocean, the bath, the shower, the rain. Water brings me peace...so I make sure to incorporate these things in my life by making them valued experiences. I travel regularly to the pool and a variety of beaches. I spend time creating extreme bubble baths and I am currently shopping for the perfect showerhead to increase my shower experience. When it rains, I curl up on the sofa with a great book or movie...or I get in bed with my children and just listen to the rain falling. While these things may seem minor....they give me energy and joy....a fantastic shower helps me start and end the day feeling fantastic.

My design includes how I design my home, how I eat, who I associate with, where I work, what I learn and read, what I am going to teach, where I am going to go, what I enjoy, how I care for myself and my children each day. It is not routine or something I just get up and do....but a designed plan...it is my way of life. My life is becoming completely based on what I love and what fulfills me.

Ladies...don't stumble through each day and just exist each day....spinning in circles...or just doing, doing, doing....take time to design your life...and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment