Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Make a Decision

Your Momma never told you...do not fear other people's reactions to your decisions.

I can remember years ago, I wanted to be a broadcaster....so when I went to pick a major in college...I told my parents I wanted to major in Communications and Mass Media. My parents told me that was not a good idea because at that time there were very few channels on TV. (This was before cable) They said it was unlikely that I would ever get on TV and insisted I major in accounting because I was excellent in Math.

During my freshman year, I wanted to change my major. I wanted to be a news broadcaster or radio broadcaster but I feared my parents reaction...so I did not do it. I did what I was told and majored in accounting.

To this day, I regret that decision. I realized that I should have stood up to my parents and made a decision for me...regardless of their reaction...and lived with the consequences.

Ladies....make the decisions for your life for you...do not let the fear of another person's reactions...whether it be your husband, your children, your friends, your family, your boss, your co-workers or your parents....keep you from doing you.

Till Next Time Ladies

No comments:

Post a Comment