Sunday, May 30, 2010

Don't Work For An Asshole

Your Momma never told you...don't work for an asshole.

Ladies...I worked for an asshole. She was mean and nasty. She treated everyone like they were beneath her. She would yell at meetings, demand hellos, email continuously, and harrass people. She just contaminated the workspace with her presence.

Ladies...I felt I was stuck. I had two children and I had to provide for them...so I stayed and took the abuse...and that's what it was ladies...abuse. One day a position opened up in our department that would be a 20% increase in my salary...and I needed it. The catch...I had to work even more closely with the asshole.

I applied for the position and set up a formal interview. The word in the office was I had a great chance at getting the position. Even the asshole had encouraged me to apply. During the week before the interview, I saw the manager "behaving badly" towards another co-worker and something clicked. Did I really want to work for an asshole? Could I keep myself from beating her ass one day? How would I feel about coming to work every day?

After pondering these questions, ...I immediately called the human resource representative and cancelled the interview. When she asked me why...I said...no amount of money would be worth working with that asshole...ok I didn't say asshole...but you get the point. I don't think anyone should spend 40 hours a week with someone who does not treat them with dignity and respect.

Ladies...if you are working for an asshole...stop...get your resume together and look for a new job. You do not deserve to be mistreated. I did....and I got a job paying 30% more with options to work at home and ...my boss treats me very well!

Til Next Time Ladies

No comments:

Post a Comment