Sunday, May 16, 2010

Have Theme Song! (Repost)

Your Momma never told you.... never rely on someone to make you feel good about yourself. Have theme song to pump you up every day.

Do you remember Ally McBeal? Well,if you don't, she was a quirky character on TV that played a theme song in her head when she saw or had to deal with a man. Sometimes the theme song was about the man or sometimes it was used to give her confidence in meeting a man. Anyway, the point was the theme song was used to change the way she felt and put her in the mood to conquer her fears.

Ladies...everyone needs at least one theme song. One of my theme songs is I Am a Survivor by Destiny's Child. When I need to feel good or deal with bullshit in my life or at work...I play/blast this song wherever I am or whenever I need it. Upon hearing this song, I remember all of the things I have overcome in life...and I perform an internal scream "I'm not going to take it". It is an instant pump me up. You know the lyrics...."I'm a survivor, I'm not going to take it, I'm going to work harder, I'm going to make it!" (The song is playing in my head right now.) Simple but to the point. Then I tell myself I look like Beyonce and strut around like I am the shit! Yes ladies...the mind is a powerful thing!

Ladies, go through your playlist...find a song that you can use as a theme song and begin using it immediately. Have your theme song available to play at a moment's notice. Play it in your car. Download it on your Ipod, computer, or cell phone and be ready to play it when needed.If your man pisses you off, play your theme song.

If your boss or co-worker upsets you, play your theme song. If you just feel in a bad mood or need a lift, play your theme song...and get back in control.

After awhile, the theme song will just play in your head...like Ally McBeal...and that's when your theme song becomes a natural part of you.

Remember...if you don't pump yourself up...who will!

Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment