Sunday, May 23, 2010

Make Everyday Parenting Fun (Part 1)

Your Momma did not tell you that parenting can become boring and routine...so inject some fun.

Ladies...I don't know about you but I get sick and tired of cooking and cleaning and washing clothes...day in and day out...morning, noon, and night...but I asked to be a mother so I have to do the mundane chores that come along with it. One day I realized...this is not any fun...I have to do something. So I introduced theme days during the week to inject some fun into motherhood.

Post a calendar in your home so everyone can see it and put in bold letter these five days on the calendar. Watch the fun take on a life of it's own.

1. Pajama Day - This is a day where we never change out of our pajamas. We watch movies, sleep in, wrap up in blankets and play board games.

2. Taco night - On this day I put on a sombrero and mexican music. We dance while making tacos. Simple and easy cooking.

3. 5 Minute Clean up - I set the timer on my oven and yell "5 minute clean up"! The kids scurry to their roooms and clean up as fast as they can. The great thing about this is that you can get straighten up in 5 minutes and the kids don't feel overwhelmed with cleaning.

4. Breakfast at Night - When I realize I don't have something to cook for dinner, it's time for Breakfast at Night. We cook eggs, cut up fruit, fix cereal, yogurt, whatever is traditional breakfast foods and eat.

5. Mom Appreciation Day - I made this day up because Mother's Day is not enough. I have Mom Appreciation Day once a month. On this day, the kids do something to show their appreciation. I have gotten cards, my closet straightened, breakfast in bed, my bedroom vacuumed...the kids decide on their own what they want to do. It is amazing. I have never suggested anything for them to do.

Give it a try ladies...it is a lot of fun....and if you don't have kids...you can still put some fun in your relationship. You can do all of the days as well with a little tweeking. Try to do an Appreciation Day for each other each month instead of the Mom Appreciation Day.

Try it and let me know what happened.

Til Next Time Ladies

No comments:

Post a Comment