Friday, May 21, 2010

Never Date a Twin

Your Momma never told you never date a twin...unless you want to see double.

Yes Ladies...I have dated a twin and it was one of the most frustrating experiences I have ever been through. At first I was facinated by the idea. These two men were very fine. They were 6' 5" and beautiful to look at. The problem was I was looking at THEM all the time. They were inseperable. They finished each other's sentences. They communicated without speaking. It started to become very odd.

I would give a gift (sweatsuit) to the one I was dating and the next day the twin brother would be wearing it. Sometimes they would dress alike or very similiar...(grown men)! I finally convinced the one I was dating to get an apartment alone....a few months later the twin brother had moved in. It was if my man could not do anything...without the twin brother....which is understandable since they had been together since birth. But then I started thinking...when is this going to end?

My man and I became engaged but the he began to stall when it came to actually walking down the aisle (by doing crazy things I will talk about another day). Eventually I realized...this man is not getting married...until the twin brother is ready to get married. He wanted me to hang around and wait until the twin brother was ready to get married. A double wedding? WHAT!

And I started to think...am I going to have to have kids...when the twin brother wants to have kids...are we going to have to have a certain number of kids...the number the twin brother has. Are me and the twins wife going to have to dress alike? Will we have to live next door? Will I have to give birth to twins?...when will it end?

Needless to say, the twin's brother (the dominant one)and I began to dislike each other which was inevitable. He had so much power...I just could not compete. I tried...I tried for long 4 years. Finally, I called the wedding off...returned the gown, and moved on.

Ladies...my point...don't bother dating a twin...find a man that is single.

1 comment:

  1. I am married to a wonderful man. He is very handsome, and a thoughtful and devoted husband and father. He is also a twin. One thing that I learned early in our relationship was to accept the relationship that he has with his brother and to not try to compete. There is no competition when it comes to the bond between twins. Maybe you should have stopped trying to "compete" with the twin brother. I'm sure there was room in your man's heart for both you and his brother. My husband and I have a great life together, seperate from his brother and his family. Just because you love a twin, doesn't mean that all of those strange things that you mentioned will happen. I'm sorry that your experience was a bad one, but they are not all bad. Maybe you needed to reflect on what you may have been doing to ruin the relationship...just food for thought. I enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete