Thursday, May 27, 2010

You are a Star....so act like one (Repost in Honor of Janet Jackson)

You are a Star...so Act Like One. (2)

Your Momma did not tell you to you are a star...so act like one.

I walked into work yesterday dressed in white pants, a long white coat, ruffle top, stilleto heels, and dark sunglass. One of my coworkers immediately held the door for me and said, "You look like a movie star. You should be in Hollywood...not an office building." I responded, "I am a movie star...in my mind." We laughed and I kept on stepping.

My point...the way look should reflect how you feel about yourself. I honestly feel like I am a star in my own life. If you were to ask any of my children, they would say I am the most important person in their lives...therefore; I make taking care of myself and appearing my best a priority because they expect me to be here for many years. I need to model a sense of confidence so that they will be able to navigate in the world with their head held high....just like I do.

Whether you are sitting in a office chair in a building or an actor's chair on a movie set, you should feel and act like a star. Remember, just like no star in the universe is alike...there is only one you in the entire world. When you think about it, that is pretty amazing....you are amazing.

So the next time you walk out your front door, imagine there is paparrazzi waiting to snap your picture...imagine you are stepping into the latest convertible sports car about to ride the Califoria coast, imagine you are going to lunch with your favorite celebrity. Step out of your door looking and feeling your best...and I guarantee you will feel like a star and royal treatment will come your way.

Til Next Time Ladies

No comments:

Post a Comment