Thursday, May 13, 2010

There Are Crazies Amoung Us (Repost)

Your Momma never told you that crazies among us and they look just like you and me...normal.

Sadly, I have dated and worked with a significant number of crazies in my time here on earth and everyone of them looked perfectly normal. The crazies I met combed their hair, wore nice clothes, brushed their teeth, spoke in coherent sentences, and even had a sense of humor.

The crazies could drive, held management positions, had families, celebrated birthdays, could add and subtract, and showed no physical sign of crazy. As a result, I spent way too much time around these nuts before I realized they were crazy. When I say crazy...I mean they had some type of mental disorder.

Looking back on it...there were early signs of craziness that I just ignored. One manager threatened to write me up because I did not say hello the way she liked it. (crazy sign) One man I dated would say things and then when I brought them back up he would say..."I don't know what you are talking about...I did not say that." (crazy sign)It got so bad I started to carry a small pad because I honestly believed I was hearing things.

Note: If you are around crazies too long...you start to take on crazy behavior.

You see..I was naive.I actually thought crazy people were locked up in a room with pink walls, padding, and white curtains....but the truth is they are out...walking around in the street, on our jobs, you may even be sleeping with one.

My point...you can't spot a crazy unless you are fairly well versed and educated on mental psychological disorders.

Ladies...you must learn, read, study, take a college course...whatever you need to do to recognize the symptoms of mental disorders early on...so you can run as fast as you can into a sane man's arms. If you work with a crazy, you may need to change jobs or learn how to deal with the crazy behavior that will come your way.

Narcissists, bipolar, passive agressive, manic depressive, disassociative disorder, obsessive compulsive, borderline, anti-social...just to name a view. Focus heavily on the personality disorders...these are the ones that can catch you off guard.

Once you are educated on the disorders, the behaviors you once labeled odd, quirky, or unusual...you will now recognize as clinical symptoms of crazy.

If you find yourself calling your girlfriends saying...am I crazy? Does this sound right? Do you think that is odd? ...WAKE UP and get to studying...you may be dealing with a crazy.

To get you started, I attached a link for you to review.

Ladies...save yourself time and weed out the crazies. Study and learn so you don't spend your precious time with a nut.

Till Next Time Ladies!

http://www.healthyplace.com/other-info/psychiatric-disorder-definitions/adult-symptoms-of-mental-health-disorders/menu-id-71/

No comments:

Post a Comment