Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Cook, The Cleaner, and The Sex Goddess

Your Momma never told you that your man will expect you to be the cook, the cleaner, and the sex goddess...on command.

When I first got married, I really enjoyed homemaking. I liked picking out furniture and pillows. I tried new recipes and cooked balanced meals. I cleaned every Saturday morning from 8:00 am - 11:00 am. I just loved that fresh clean smell of Pine Sol or scented candles...and I was always ready to kiss and hug.

Then after 5 years, I realized...I had been conditioned to think that I should love to clean and love to cook...when the truth was...I absolutely hated it. I was tired and I didn't feel sexy. After doing all the work in the house, the last thing I wanted to do was perform a circus act in the bedroom.

I wanted a meal served to me 365 days a year. I would like someone to clear my dishes and wipe my kitchen table after I eat. I realized I may be doing this for 40 or 50 years....serving a man. Is this what I had gone to college for? I approached my then husband about sharing the household chores...and his response...make more money and get a maid. Amazingly, it never dawned on him to cook or clean. He truly believed this was my duty...completely. He viewed his role in the household chores was completely optional...not required.

My point...ladies, if you are raising a little man...start early teaching him to help you with things around the house. So many of us train our little boys to become lazy men by serving them morning, noon, and night. Stop spoiling these little men. Let them know marriage is a partnership and he is going to have to pull his weight to keep his future family together.

Today, women are no longer exhausting themselves with all the household chores,cooking, cleaning, working all day, raising children, trying to look good...enough already. And I can guarantee they won't be ten or twenty years from now either. They are expecting some help and equal treatment...so it is up to you to raise the next generation of men to also be the cook, the cleaner, and the sex god.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Soror Tina! It's your line sister. Your blog is right on point. I am so tired of the expectation that I do everything. I am tired most of the time because I work full time and I am trying to launch my jewelry business. I tell my husband to help, but is always at a very minimum effort. I am trying to teach my son to do things for himself and for my daughters to expect help.

    Lokking forward to the next blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa...I am glad to hear from you and it is great what you are teaching your children. We have to stop setting the wrong expectations for both our sons and daughters. Women are setting ourselves up to do everything. Let me know about your jewelry business. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete