Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Pears don't wear Pencil Skirts

Your Momma never told you...know your body shape and dress accordingly.

Ladies...there are five different body types....apple, full bust, hourglass, pear, and straight. It is important to know your body type to keep from making major fashion mistakes and the victim of unusual stares and glares.

I was walking down St Paul Street the other day saw two fashion disasters. The first was an apple that had squeezed her roundness into a pair of skinny leg jeans....NOOOOOOO! I wanted to scream. The sight drew lots of stares and whistles but not in a good way. I wanted to throw a blanket on her and push her in the lobby of the Tremont hotel. She just should not have been on the streets with that on. The next was a pear that was wearing a tight mini skirt..that was lower in the front and rising steadily in the back...due to her wide hips. Ladies...skirts will rise in the back if you are not wearing the right style for you....an the sight ain't pretty.

I happened to be a pear and there are several things I just do not wear because of my shape. For example, pencil skirts. A pencil skirt on me makes me resemble the capital letter P. A pencil skirt highlights my extremely round, plump,high ass...therefore pencil skirts attract the wrong type of attention from the wrong type of man. And don't get me started on low rise jeans....those are for "straights" only...they look obscene on me.

Something I can wear...A line dresses....slim on top and flared on the bottom. A line dresses are made to leave it to the imagination how big my ass is. I don't need everyone to know I have a wide ass....that is my business....and of course...my man's.

Ladies....take the time to know your body shape...know what looks best on you...and step out with style. Check out Nordstrom's or Macy's websites that organize clothing by the five different styles...a great resource.

Till next time ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment