Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My Daughter and Me Vacation

Your Momma never told you when you have more than one child...you are going to have to make a special bond with each child.

After the birth of my second daughter, I realized I needed to make a special time to spend with each of them. Each one would come to me and say they wanted to go somewhere just with me. As a divorced mother of two, I found it very hard to find the time and the help to be able to spend time alone with each child. We pretty much traveled as a pack at all times.

I spoke with a woman at my church about the issue and she suggested going on vacation individually with each child. So, every year, I plan an overnight trip to a hotel with each child individually. We go to dinner, swimming in the pool, siteseeing, and shopping for an outfit or toy. We don't even go far...we go to different cities within the state. This year's spot is Annapolis.

My daughters love the it. They look forward to a mini trip every year. It is during these times I find my daughter tells me what is on her mind and our bond becomes stronger. She gets me all to herself and have her all to myself. It is truly a unique moment.

Ladies...whether you have one child or more...take the time to spend one on one special quality time with him/her. Let your child see who you are without all the hussle and bussle of daily life. Have fun and enjoy the special time.


Till Next Time Ladies

No comments:

Post a Comment