Monday, June 28, 2010

Life without Parole

Your Momma never told you...marriage is not a prison sentence....life without parole.

Ladies....truth be told women generally get married for the fairytale. They want the loving husband, the house, the 2.5 kids, the dog,...the dream. In their minds, they have a picture of The Cosby's...who they forget are people that do not even exist. Unfortunately...sometimes that fairytale does not come true...and when reality hits...and the marriage becomes dysfunctional or even dangerous...they hold on to the dream and suffer the consequences.

Ladies...I was one of these women. I believed I my vows...you stay in the marriage for better or for worse...and you just live with whatever comes your way. The truth is...I was very naive and immature. I did not understand just what I was getting into. I did not understand what I was committing to. I did not know the person I was committing to...so I felt it was my fault...I should have known better.

No matter how bad the relationship had deteriorated, I told myself to just stay and suffer year after year after year. Over time I realized I viewed my marriage as a prison sentence...life without parole. I had come to a point that I had just accepted that I had made a bad choice...and needed to endure the punishment until I died or he did.

Ladies....this type of thought process is no way to live your life. If your marriage feels like a prison sentence...get help. Go to marital counseling and rehabilitate your marriage. Make it better...deal with the problems...and grow together. Go to personal counseling and rehabilitate yourself...don't accept sadness or depression as a way of life. Or ladies.. go out the door and start over..but whatever you do...don't accept a sentence of life without parole.....afterall....you did not kill anyone...you just got married.

Till Next Time Ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment