Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Detox off Your Man

Your Momma never told you, you would get in a bad relationship with a man...so bad you will need to detox.

Ladies...have you ever been with a man that you knew deep down inside was completely wrong for you...but you just could not let him go. I was...and I had to go to drastic measures to cut him loose.

I met this man long ago and fell madly in love with him. The problem...he loved me, Sheila, Tammy, and Jennine as well. When I think back on it...I think I was completely obsessed with this person. I adored him. He made me laugh...you know those hard belly laughs that you never forget. When he was with me he made me feel like the only woman in the world.

One evening we had gone away for the weekend to a small town in Virginia. After a wonderful dinner, we went to bed. At 3:00 am, there was a phone call from the lobby announcing there was a hysterical woman in the lobby. My man (and I say that with a laugh) hopped out of bed and bolted to the lobby. Ladies...this was a scene I had become too familiar with...some woman appearing from nowhere...crying and upset. I went to the lobby and watch this woman...cry and yell "WHY!!!!!WHY!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!"...and that's when I knew...I have to detox.

Now ladies...detoxing isn't easy but sometimes...you have to quit a man...go cold turkey....and suffer the physical and emotional symptoms. Here are the steps.

1. Immediately leave the scene and announce you will never return.

2. Vanish...remove yourself from this person's life. You may need to break mutual friendships, change your phone number, change your job, get off of Facebook. This will be hard because this person has a hold on you...but fight it with all your might!!!!!

3. Destroy all memories..photos, tickets, gifts, delete his phone numbers...discard any music that brings up memories. You will want to save just one picture...don't. Would you keep one more vile of crack cocaine if you were an addict?...Exactly...let it all go.

4. Invest in a great pair of sunglasses and then cry, cry, cry....feel the pain. (no more than 48 hours total)

5. Go out of town and visit a friend or take a trip. You must remove yourself from the situation and location immediately.

6. Avoid all locations where you may run into this person. Chances are you have structured your life around this person. You will need to start fresh and meet new friends and find new places to hang out.

7. Never see or talk to this person again. This may seem harsh but when you get to a point where you are accepting complete disrespect...you need to get this person out of your life completely. Stay away because they have some power over you that you can not control. Ignore all of his attempts to contact you.

8. Focus on something you love to do...shopping, traveling....move on.

Till Next Time Ladies

No comments:

Post a Comment