Sunday, June 27, 2010

If You are Going Through Hell ....Keep Going

Your Momma never told you...if you are going through hell....keep going.

Years ago, when I realized my marriage was in deep trouble...I went to my then husband and suggested a separation. His response was I could leave but the girls were his...and they were staying. My response was to sit in a place of fear and anquish...for several more months. During this period, our marriage became even more volatile, disturbing, and unhealthy.

I remember feeling completely scared and frightened that my children were going to be taken away. I had no job, no money, no health insurance, and no plan. I was hopeless and full of despair. I remember walking the sidewalks in our community upset and feeling shattered inside. I cried and cried and cried...until one day a voice within said..."What on earth are you afraid of...you will be taken care of...you have nothing to fear."

It was then I began to put one foot in front of the other and begin the process of moving on. I went for personal counseling...I hired a lawyer...I built a support system...I found a job...I moved...I read and studied on bettering myself and my children. I got a divorce. Ladies...my divorce was painful, difficult, sad, frustrating, challenging, and hateful. The whole experience was indeed a form of hell.

My point ladies...if you are going through an illness, relationship issues, divorce, marital strife, family problems, financial issues...and it seems you are in the midst of hell...do not sit in it....pass through it.

Move...keep moving....keep going....work your way out of hell as fast as you can...because when it is over...and you see a light at the end of the tunnel...and know when you get to the light..there will be peace.

Till Next Time Ladies

No comments:

Post a Comment