Thursday, June 17, 2010

Over 40's Diet Plus

My Momma never told me that after you turn 40 things start to go downhill...and you will gain weight no matter what you eat.

After turning 40, I gained an automatic 10 lbs overnite. I immediately went to my doctor because I was certain I had a stomach tumor. I had all of the symptoms...bloating, loss of energy, tight pants...The doctor took one look at my chart and said "Oh...you just turned 40." She closed the chart and began to give me a verbal download of what I was going to have to do to loose the weight and keep it off.

You have to retrain your tastebuds to love bland foods. You have to give up all the things you have loved for 40 years...ice cream, cheese, dairy, french fries, fast food, pizza, salt, and dessert. You must exercise every day for the rest of your life. You must bike 20 - 30 miles once a week. Start Zumba classes and go to the YMCA and swim laps. You must drink water morning, noon, and night. You can no longer have alcohol or a mixed drink of any kind because of the calories....not to mention you will not be able to drink anyway because the effects will increase and you will have a hangover.

Well after I left the dr. office, I went to McDonalds and ordered my last Fish Filet meal...then I went to Coldstone's for my last cup of ice cream with M&M's...and then I came home and finished off a bottle of wine.(I can't say it was my last.) Of course, wouldn't you know...I got sick....very sick. Ladies...the doc was right. If you are turning 40, watch out....get prepared. Enjoy 39.

For me...I guess I have to accept...my over forty status and start to love dried cranberries and oatmeal...

Till Next Time Ladies

Ms. Tia 4/26/10

No comments:

Post a Comment