Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Not Compatible Line

Your Momma never told you...there is a way to break up with a man without hurting his feelings...just drop the line...we are not compatible.

Ladies...I was dating a man for a few weeks when I realize...that it was going nowhere. The guy was nice and friendly but something just was not right. I just did not see a future with this person. Some things about him just got on my nerves. The way he walked, talked, sang, smiled...it just did not turn me on.

When it came time to tell him I did not want to see him anymore...I was dreading the conversation/questioning. Was it his constant singing? His annoying laugh? His goofy grin? Whatever it was...I did not want to discuss it and I certainly did not want to hurt his feelings. I just wanted to stop dating. So I dropped the line.."Jason...we are just not compatible."

When I dropped the line on him, he looked confused. "Not compatible...what does that mean"...he asked. It really was not anyone's fault...nothing he needed to change or stop doing. Our personal styles were not in agreement and we just were not compatible. He began to ask for specifics but I refused to get into the discussion. What did it matter anyway? What I didn't like...some other woman might? I just did not want to waste this man's time or money. That just would not be right.

Ladies...if you are dating a nice guy but it is going nowhere...and you just don't know how to break it off...drop the line....we are just not compatible. No need to hurt feelings...don't get into specifics...make a clean break leaving everyone's ego intact...and move on.

Till next time ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment